Friday 13 June 2014

Having a Nail of a Time: A trip to Rome

Hi everyone,

So it's finally Friday and I am so glad to have made it through yet another busy week, juggling school, homework, revision and everything else in my life. The weather outside is so nice and after enjoying a well deserved ice lolly (this week has just been non stop), I thought I would write a post.

Today's post is a little different (not that I have done much for it to be any different from)! What I mean is this post isn't going to be a regular occurrence, it's just a one off.

In May, I went on a school trip to Rome and it was absolutely amazing. Aside from touring Rome, eating Pizza and attempting to speak a little Italian, I managed to paint a few people's nails and I thought it might be a nice idea to feature them on my blog. So here they are:




These are Emily's nails and these are the same design I posted earlier this week, only on Emily's nails and not my own. So check out my 'Simple Rose Nail Art', to see what I use to create this look.


Next up are Kathleen's nails. She absolutely loves Despicable me, so there wasn't any other nail art I could of done for her, except these minions! I love the way they turned out, but next time I think I would opt to use my silver nail art pen for the edges of the goggles, rather than black, but unfortunately I'd forgotten to pack that one in my suitcase!

For these nails I used:

- Yellow 'essence colour and go' for the base of the minion
- 'Rio professional nail art pen and brush' in blue for the dungarees
- 'Rio professional nail art pen and brush' in white for the base of the eyes
- 'Rio professional nail art pen and brush' in black to finish the eyes and add the goggles and smile!


The 'Simple Rose Nail Art' appears once again! But this time it's in different colours! These nails are Sammi's and you can check out her blog here. It's all about her exciting life and it's definitely worth taking a look at!

For these nails I used:

- 'Essie Turquoise and Caicos' for the index, middle and little finger.
- 'Barry M gelly hi-shine' in the shade 'blueberry' for the thumb and ring finger
- 'Models Own' nail polish in the shade 'hot pink' for the base of the rose
- 'Models Own' nail art pen in 'pastel pink' for the rose petals
- 'Models Own' nail art pen in 'pastel green' for the leaves


 

And finally here are Ella's nails. I think the bright pink goes really well with the black and I love how only half of the ring finger has dots. I had never thought of doing this before until Ella suggested it and now I think it looks really effective.

For these nails I used:

- 'Models Own' nail polish in the shade 'hot pink' for the base of the pink nails
- 'Barry M nail paint' in the shade 'black' for the other nails and the dots
- Essence nail art dotting tool to create the dots

Before I go, I just need to say happy birthday to one of my blogging buddies, Beth. She is 15 today so I just wanted to wish her a happy birthday and I hope she has an amazing day. Check out her blog here. She blogs about so many different things, and I am sure her words will put a smile on your face.

Thank you to those of to those of you who made it this far! I know it was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave me a comment below.


Thanks,



You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.