Thursday 26 June 2014

Having a Nail of a Time: It's raining polka dots

Hello everyone,

Today's post may be called 'it's raining polka dots' but this nail art design doesn't just have to be for rainy days.


I must admit when I initially painted the nude base, I had no idea what design I was going to do on top.

In my navy polka dot nail art, I said I was going to reach for my navy polish bottle more often, and true to my word, I used it here. I had no idea that these three colours colour work well with each other, but I think they do. I love the muted nude, with the deep navy and the neon pink.

Out of the many times I have painted polka dots on my nails, I have never before painted the polka dots like this. I love the way they are like an ombré/gradient style.

For this nail art I used:
'Models Own Hypergel' in the shade 'Naked Glow' for the base
- 'Models Own' nail polish in the shade 'hot pink' for polka dots
- '17 fast finish' nail polish in navy
- essence dotting tool

Personally, I think that this nail art is simple and versatile. Anyone can achieve this look with some nail polish and a dotting tool. But if you don't have a dotting tool, you could always try using a cotton bud or a cocktail stick. However, I find a dotting tool easier and they are not expensive.

You could use any colours you want with this nail art. Why not try the latest summer colours, or different shades of one colour. The possibilities are endless. What are you going to try? Let me know it in the comments below.

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.